Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Good small electric chainsaw that won't burn itself up on the first use???

mike wrote:
What's a good brand of electric pruning saw.
Something like an 8" chainsaw.

Every cheap electric garden tool I've purchased has burned up
very quickly. It's always the same thing. The motor brush holders
are made of plastic. Brushes heat up, plastic melts, brushes can't
move, Arcs burn up the commutator. Motor dead.

Every one I've had has lasted for years. But then, if it is a high current
motor, like a chain saw, I use a high current power cord, and use care not to
load them down too much. If you don't have a 12 ga. power cord, get one.

I've probably had my electric "Wen" saw for 20 years.