Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Good small electric chainsaw that won't burn itself up on the firstuse???

What's a good brand of electric pruning saw.
Something like an 8" chainsaw.

Every cheap electric garden tool I've purchased has burned up
very quickly. It's always the same thing. The motor brush holders
are made of plastic. Brushes heat up, plastic melts, brushes can't move,
Arcs burn up the commutator. Motor dead.

You'd think they'd at least put in a thermal coutout.

Anybody make a small, lightweight electric chainsaw that won't die
the first time I cut thru a 3" tree limb?