Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looks like Earthlink's connection to Giganews is down again.

Beryl wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Mark Blain wrote:
On May 1, 7:48 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
It's playing the same "Invalid user name or password" crap again.
Yup, it's not just you. The Earthlink forum at dslreports.com
confirms this is happening to multiple people.

The last time it happened, they refused to admit it. Then they
wanted remote access to my computers to 'change a few settings' even
though it died in the middle of downloading a message. I asked several
times to be kicked up to a higher level of support, and the heavy Indian
accent just got worse.

It started working again around 4:00 PM for me.

I had Earthlink dialup once-upon-a-time, at somewhere around $20+ per
month. After a few years, I signed up with a different ISP at less than
half the cost, then called Raj to close my Earthlink account. He said
'No, you will not cancel, we will match that price." But it was too
late, sorry, bye Earthlink.

It took much prodding to get my sister to call Raj about "cancelling"
her $20+ Earthlink account, and get offered a price-match, but she
finally did it about 2 years ago. Since then, she's had Earthlink's
service for $10/mo.

Call Raj. He really doesn't want you to go.

I have broadband, not dialup. My chices a

1: AOL
2: Road Runner
3: Earthlink

Guess which one offers newsgroups?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.