Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default What are these?

"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..
They look to be 1/16" and 3/32". Flattened surface like a sewing machine
needle, but other end does not have a hole. Length of flattened surface
varies. Some ends are pointed, some flat. Metal is stiff, and breaks on
attempted bending. Second photo shows numbering, which is too small for
me to make out. Believe USA are middle letters.

Anyone have any ideas what these are? Anyone need any of them? I got
about a Sucrets box full of them, probably a few hundred.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve

They look like some kind of D-bit reamers. There are many uses for these, so
it may be hard to nail down their original purpose. My guess is they were
used for making brass musical instruments.

They are not commercial clock reamers, which are tapered.

--
Ed Huntress