Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Assumptions about live/neutral

On May 2, 3:37*pm, (D.M.
Procida) wrote:
I unsoldered the damaged mains lead from an old Roland drum machine
http://www.synthesizers.com/mok2009/MOK_2009_15_m.jpg but was thinking
about something else and realised that I hadn't noted which was the live
and which the neutral terminals (earth is obvious).

Can I safely assume that the live terminal is the one that goes to a
fuse? I can't think of any reason why the neutral connector should be
fused, can you?

Daniele

Do check that the wire you *think* is live in the mains lead, really
is connected to the live pin in the plug.

There are some strange people that think wiring colours are more of a
rough guide than a rule.