Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Three contractors no showed

On May 2, 12:13*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Steve Barker" wrote in message
On 5/1/2011 2:30 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Steve *wrote

if he was a savvy customer, and working with a reputable contractor,
there
would be NO deposit. *I pay nothing until material is on the site and/or
work at least partially done.

One size does not fit all. *That is not true for all crafts.

it's true for ANY craft working for ME.

I used to do custom welding work. *One off mixed exotic metal gates. *Plasma
cutting. *Curved designs. *Multiple mixed medias. *If the customer had any
reason to cancel the job, I could not sell the piece because it would not
fit anywhere else. *I am currently negotiating the restoration of a piece of
Margaret Tafoya pottery piece with a gallery restoration service. *That fee
would have to be paid in advance, and the estimates so far is from $1800 to
$3000. *You are apparently not as aware of how things work in the real world
as you purport to be, or willing to hear of anything outside your small
fishbowl.

Steve, not you, the other one - hehe - decided no one is to be
trusted, but they're supposed to trust him. That's fine. His house,
his money, his call. A job doesn't get put on my schedule unless
someone puts money in my hands. It's like earnest money in real
estate - a sign of good faith. If you don't trust me there's no point
in me doing the job - it's a losing battle from the get go.