Posted to rec.woodworking
RockHound RockHound is offline

Default Drywall Screws nasty greasy drywall screws... any reason not to use the gold ones?

On Sun, 1 May 2011 17:20:21 -0700, Max wrote
(in article om):

"George W Frost" wrote

One of the many jobs I have had, was in a machine shop making screws and
bolts
the problem with the ones you have may be in the final washing where the
screws are washed in a solution, to get rid of any residue
I can't foresee any problems with an oily residue on the screws to inhibit
their performance

I don't know about drywall but I have had a few oily screws that stained the
wood.

Max

Yes, not good. Also when handling these screws unless you wash your hands
quite frequently there will be dark greasy fingerprints all over the work.