Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Calling all birthers

On May 1, 9:18*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Ignoramus15384" wrote in message

On 2011-05-01, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus15384" wrote in message
om...
On 2011-05-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 01 May 2011 18:16:32 GMT, (Doug
Miller) wrote:

Can you possibly be that stupid? He was born in Hawaii. Hawaii is a
U.S.
state, and was at the time of his birth. That makes him a natural-born
citizen.

To cut to the chase..prove it.

And there is no need to post (2) evidently fraudulant documents in
support of your case. Thats already been tried.

Prove it.

What are you asking him to do, get originals?

The documents are not fraudulent. The fraud here is you.

You know, the addled welfare queen would be a lot more tolerable if it
wasn't for those lines, like the one above, "Can you possibly be that
stupid?"

But bluster is a compensation for failure, or fear of failure, and is an
element of the psychology of lying. Repeated failure and threats to one's
self-image can produce a large spectrum of behaviors; a full-throttle,
full-time bluster suggests a deep-seated, long-running problem. Every so
often I think that the guy actually is close to the edge, and I back off.
It's not easy dealing with such obnoxious behavior but I don't want to
make
him worse. So I'm going to back off again. Maybe he ought to just be
plonked. I'm sure we can learn all we need about clapped-out machines
without him.

I do not have your psychoanalitic abilities, but I would say, that it
is the Gunner style behavior that made me mistrust the Republican
party. Swiftboating, the fake "In invented the Internet" quote etc. He
is a fun guy to talk about metal related things, but his escapades
make me think less of Republicans, not more.

Eh, I wouldn't attribute that to Republicans. You're really describing two
different things. The Swiftboaters are just garden-variety extreme
partisans, who tend to have a feeble grip on truth and an underlying belief
that the ends justify the means. Gunner is a much more common organism these
days -- the type whose personality traits (commonly, neuroses) are amplified
by the Internet. It's become a topic for advanced-degree theses and white
papers, so I won't try to get into it here. You know what I'm talking about,
I'm sure.

Having been a Republican from the time that it meant something a lot
different, I'm appalled at what the identity has morphed into, so I'm not
arguing that there isn't something there. But, given that you lived in the
Soviet Union when some big social changes took place here, it may not be
clear what's happened and where we are now, in terms of the swings and
trends.

The US periodically has a large contingent of True Believers (after the book
by that title, written a half-century ago by longshoreman/philosopher Eric
Hoffer). In the '60s and '70s, they were mostly leftist. In terms of
behavior toward other people, ones who didn't see things as they did, they
were the flip side of today's right wing. They were pretty obnoxious.

As Hoffer predicted, when the tide changed, the True Believers flipped to
the other extreme. Now most of these characters are extreme rightists. It's
even some of the same people -- I know a few, personally, who flipped 180
degrees. Gunner has said that he was a hippie type back in the late '60s,
himself. This is no surprise. (We won't address what a hippie was; the term
of mutual identity, after 1968 or so and through the '70s, was "freaks."
Real hippies were gone by 1968.)

They currently have the Republican Party by the balls and they're wreaking
havoc on its character. A lot of right-leaning Internet denizens, while not
necessarily of the True Believer obnoxious type in real life, have adopted
their language and their postures online.

The key characteristics of this bunch are extreme arrogance and trashy
put-downs; as you've noted, a complete disregard for any "truth" that
doesn't support their posture; and a pugnacious approach to discussions.

They're Republicans because they have no other place to call home. The
wingers are tolerated but not embraced by mainstream Republicans, but,
again, they've become the mouthpieces who get the most attention. Just
remember that True Believers can be of any extreme.

You're right to mistrust them, but it's worth being careful and
discriminating. Some very fine people are Republicans. My in-laws, for
example. d8-) Hating for Jesus, or bull****ting about the Constitution and
the Founding Fathers, is not part of their character.

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Good disscussion Ed.

The nuts are destroying the Republican Party.

And we do NEED viable differing parties for this Country to work.

TMT