Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default SOS - SCREAMING COMPUTER!

In article ,
Tony Hwang wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In articleTpydnfh79JGD4iDQnZ2dnUVZ_gidnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:

On 29/04/2011 10:53 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
I had a several-year-old computer a few years ago complain in a similar
way. I learned that the screaming was due to the uC overheating. Sure
enough, when I opened the case, I found so many dust-bunnies in the fins
of
the heat sink on the uC that it couldn't possibly be cooling efficiently.
After I cleaned the heat sink, the screaming disappeared. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Ok, I'll bite. What's a 'uC'? Been building and maintaining computers
since the mid-seventies and never heard of that terminology before.

Gil

I never heard the term either, but pretty obviously shorthand for
microprocessor.

Hmmm,
I see Micro computer? Do you have at least A+ certification?
I do. For fun I took the test amd passed with ease. They gave me A+ pin
and a wall paper. Doesn't mean a thing to me. Cheap sleeve bearing fans
make that kinda noise. Pay little more and install ones with ball bearings.

Maybe you could go to night school and learn English, Tony.