Larry Jaques

Default Best three easy improvements to my shop. How about yours?

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:33:13 GMT, Tim Carver
brought forth from the murky depths:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 15:29:23 GMT, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Now to find an Accuride set that slides both ways for the pair on
the assembly bench and devise a simple center detent to keep it in
place when I roll the bench around. A spring-loaded inline skate
wheel in a rounded V-groove ought to do the trick.

Larry -

Couldn't you just use 2 sets of box slides for this? One pair would
be attached to the pullout. The outer pair would pull out from the
opposite side; when you pull out from that side, the inner pair and
the pullout would move as a unit. You would have full extension in

Yeah, mounting pairs to both sides of floating 1x3s might
work just fine.

both directions, and I think there would be a pretty good detent in
the center position, since the standard accuride slides have detents
to help keep them closed. You would have to drill the slide

Hmm, you might be right and the standard self-closing detents
might be enough by themselves.

--snip--
If you do know of a slide actually designed to open both ways, please
let me know, as this solution obviously has some drawbacks (cost,
double slide thickness, reduced load capacity).

Don't forget extra weight and complexity.

I asked Accuride's website form for more info and the rep just
overnighted (!) a catalog to me. I'll check it out more once
my neck gets better. ('Twas Chiro time today after something
went wrong on Saturday when stretching to pick up a measly
one gallon paint bucket. Go figure.)

--
Impeach 'em ALL!
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming