Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default SOS - SCREAMING COMPUTER!

In article ,
Gil wrote:

On 29/04/2011 10:53 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
I had a several-year-old computer a few years ago complain in a similar
way. I learned that the screaming was due to the uC overheating. Sure
enough, when I opened the case, I found so many dust-bunnies in the fins of
the heat sink on the uC that it couldn't possibly be cooling efficiently.
After I cleaned the heat sink, the screaming disappeared. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Ok, I'll bite. What's a 'uC'? Been building and maintaining computers
since the mid-seventies and never heard of that terminology before.

Gil

I never heard the term either, but pretty obviously shorthand for
microprocessor.