Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Name of plug in US

Robert Green wrote:
It seems that the manufacturers of anything battery-powered haven't gotten
the message. I have two shelves full of nearly identical batteries and
nearly identical chargers that are totally incompatible.

While I personally think the world would be a better place if everyone
standardized on 1.2 volt AA batteries (preferably NiMH at the moment) it's
a loosing battle.

You would figure that after the battery disaster with the original iPod
Apple would have done something better but it seems that their customers
prefer internal batteries that need to be replace by a technician or the
entire device recycled.

Come to think of it, every pocket music or video player I have ever seen
except for the first, a 256meg USB stick, had a "permanent" battery.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.