Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Toilet leaks?

On 4/30/2011 8:10 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
"Stormin wrote:

I can't say as I've ever gone to a relative's house, and put
food coloring in the tank of someone else toilet. But,
unless the valve is too high and running into the over flow,
there should be no leakage.

That is why I put the food coloring in it. It looked like the water
in the tank might be a little bit higher than the overflow. I thought if
I put the food color near the pipe, it would show that the water was
flowing into the tube. It did not, went to the bottom of the tank and
then into the bowl.

if the water "looks" like it's higher than the overflow tube, then it
is. It's not rocket science to see that. Lower the float level and retest.

--
Steve Barker