Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Name of plug in US

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:39:47 +0800, Man-wai Chang
wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Co...163450&sr=8-10

What's the name of the plugs in USA?

It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.

So you want this to go on the antenna connector of a USA television?

Yes, F-connectors, but the name for oe without threads that goes on
quickly and holds on by spring tension, I don't know if I ever knew.

They sell adapters to go from threads to smooth at Ace Hardware for a
really good price, plus I guess they would have to name them on the
bubble pack. Hey I still have some bubble packs.

Video adapter Push-on. Converts screw-on "F" type plug to push-on.

Adaptador para video
A presion

Only 99 cents a piece. Much cheaper than other brick stores, and
almost as cheap as mail order. Plus Ace Hardware has more hardware
than HD and Lowes.

So it's a push-on F-conector!