Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default Toilet leaks?

On Apr 30, 9:10*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I can't say as I've ever gone to a relative's house, and put
food coloring in the tank of someone else toilet. But,
unless the valve is too high and running into the over flow,
there should be no leakage.

* * *That is why I put the food coloring in it. It looked like the water
in the tank might be a little bit higher than the overflow. I thought if
I put the food color near the pipe, it would show that the water was
flowing into the tube. It did not, went to the bottom of the tank and
then into the bowl.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
*---PJ O'Rourke

IT'S THOSE DARN FLAPPERS, IT SEEMS AFTER A WHILE WITH THE TEMPERATURE
CHANGES IN WATER THEY EVENTUALLY CURL UP AT THE EDGES A LITTLE ...TRY
COATING THE STOP WITH PETROLEUM JELLY....IF IT STILL LEAKS IT'S
PROBABLY TIME TO CHANGE THE FLAPPER.

PAT ECUM