Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Planned Parenthood...

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
"Robert Green" wrote:

We already know that. What worries me? Perhaps that's ALL he can do.

His
main goal in life seems to be as an arbitrator, trying to get everyone

"come to Jesus." If I had to guess, I'd say most people elected him to

end
the endless wars we're in - at least the independent crossover voters.
Maybe he'll get that done before the 2012 election, but it shouldn't

have
taken 4 years. Nor should we just decide to jump into new conflicts

like
Libya without even knowing who the rebels represent.

Well there is precedent. RMN got re-elected based on serial peace
plans that never quite worked out. (grin)

They were so flakey that you must mean "cereal" peace plans. (-: Still,
they did do the trick for old Dick.

I see Trump has moved up from dead last real fast. I suspect he's going

actually declare. It's too much to expect an ego his size not dive in.
What that means, I can't say.

Diving in just means he has a large ego. Winning is when I would get
concerned.

He's got the same oversized ego that Nader and Perot possessed. Moving up
from 18th of out 18 to number one in some recent polls is frightening. I
would never underestimate the power of all the exposure and name recognition
he has. Nor would I underestimate the power of people telling him "You can
win!" because if he gets in, they get pork barrel jobs.

He could end up being a frontrunner just because of his "Q" ratings and his
massive ego. I don't laugh at the idea of a Palin/Trump ticket because it
would be so much like the TV show - an eager understudy learning the art of
the deal from the Donald.

He could also throw a bone to the Tea Party and take on Michele Bachmann as
VP (or she, him). Since Americans seem to come to the polls mostly to vote
AGAINST someone they don't like rather than for someone they DO like, it all
depends on how much Obama does wrong right before the election.

--
Bobby G.