Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Old style filament lamps?

On Apr 29, 3:50*pm, lsmartino wrote:

I personally hate 6500 K lamps for general household use except inside
a task lamp. I think they donīt have a place in a household, perhaps
in a kitchen but they are too bluish for my tastes. In a commercial
environment they are ok, or in a photographic studio, but not in a
household.

26/100 watt 6500s are excellent for growing plants under.
42/150s are even better, but cost twice as much for 50%
more output.

In the end, I think that CFLīs will be superseded by led lamps, once
that led lamps become more powerful for general use. Problem is that
regarding light quality, led lamps have the same shortcomings of CFL
īs, at least right now.- Hide quoted text -

LEDs are point sources and produce harsher, less
comfortable light.