Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Looking for help from HVAC experts.

Brian V wrote:
"Sam Takoy" wrote in message ...

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Honeywell wireless thermostat
(YTH6320R1015). Manual is here, page 4 is key:
http://www.pexuniverse.com/docs/pdf/...-guide-efs.pdf

I have split setup: A gas boiler in the basement (2-conductor
thermostat wire). My relatively modern Bryant AC unit is in the attic.
I therefore have two transformers. (For what it's worth, I've made
sure they have the same phase.)

I would like to control both systems with my thermostat. Honeywell
tech reps all agree that this must be possible, but give me
contradictory instructions. After several exchanges they seem to come
to an agreement that I might need a third transformer just to power
the unit independently from the transformers in my systems.

Does that make sense or could there be an easier solution!

Many many thanks in advance!

Sam

Remove the jumper from Rc, Rh and R.
Rc for cool transformer.
Rh for heat transformer.
Then simply jumper off ONE of those to power the stat itself.

-Brian

Gug? I thought Tc is R common, Rh is R for humidifier.