Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Terry Pinnell[_3_] Terry Pinnell[_3_] is offline

Default Old style filament lamps?

lid (Adrian Tuddenham) wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

lid (Adrian Tuddenham) wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

(Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc group.)

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/Eaccess.htm

Thanks Adrian. Phoned at 7pm but I see they're closed all day Thursdays
anyway. I'll try again on Saturday after the Wedding. Doesn't look like
they have any online ordering but presumably they will despatch? Bath's a
little too far to justify the trip!

He told me he intends to open the shop tomorrow (Friday).

I warned him that, if he had a website, people would expect him to do
mail order, but I don't know if he is ready for it yet.

Adrian: I phoned this morning but it appears as you suspected that Mr
Wright supplies only to those visiting his shop. He did say he'd have a
think and "talk to Adrian...". However, I'm pleased to say I've now found
another local source. I bought 20 x 60W and they've ordered the same
number of 100W.

BTW, I was surprised to learn that no 'pearl' types are now made, all are
clear glass.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK