Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old style filament lamps?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

The Home Depot lamps come on instantly at a level I'd judge
to be around 60% -- maybe higher -- of full brightness. Full
brightness takes another 30 seconds or so.

That is some serious backpedaling from your earlier assertions.
Thanks for telling the truth this time around.

I'm not backpedaling in the least. They do, indeed, come on instantly. You
ASSUMED that "come on" means "light at full brightness".

Consider tubular fluorescent lights. Many DO NOT come on instantly. But when
they do light, it's at full brightness -- at THAT instant, which could be
considered the point of turn-on.