Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tile grout cracking "against Marble" -- Cures?

On Apr 28, 12:33*pm, tim birr wrote:
About two years ago, I had a "cultured marble" we are very high-class
HAHA shower enclosure installed and then had the bathroom floor done
in ceramic tile.

When the tile butts up against the shower enclosure, the grout has
cracked, separated, pulled away -- not sure what you call it. *I
posted pictures of it on my flickr *page, you can see them he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62275472@N06/

What I THINK is happening is that the shower enclosure "flexes"
slightly when people use it (it is used rarely, btw) and it has caused
the "inflexible grout" to crack.

Any thoughts about a solution? Obviously, I guess I could try to chip
out the loose *grout and put in more grout, but I think I'll have the
same problem. Alternatively, would some sort of caulking work?

I'm pretty much unskilled in this "field" -- in other words have no
idea what I am talking about. *Any thoughts?

Dig it out and put in white caulk.