Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default three pin multi colour led to two pin led

On Apr 28, 10:56*am, tom wrote:
Hello. I've never done this before so I just want to make sure I'm
doing this correctly. *I want to change a three pin multi colour led
activity light on a dvd drive to a two pin blue led. I'm guessing I
need to join the two cathode inputs on the circuit board together?
Makes sense to me but I don't want to screw anything up. Thanks

Assuming for discussion the three-pin is a red/green LED, one circuit
powers the red LED while another circuit powers the green LED. Are
these circuits suitable for wired-OR operation? How is the LED current
limited?