Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default OT - Emergency Gen Circuit

You got to be kidding. *You mean you can't plug an adapter into a plug, connect a cord, turn off the main breaker, and start a generator, reliably?

My test would be the "I'm out of town and have to tell the wife or
daughter how to switch the system over test."

From my experience with our home network, printer and modem issues,
it's always easier if I follow the manual when I set things up so she
can have that reference and I'm not face with trying to recall the
neat jury-rig I came up with a couple years ago after reading a
suggestion on a blog (where I lurk

Over my lifetime I've often heard and tried always to follow the sage
advice, "do it the right way the first time" and found it has served
me well while my "shortcuts" have a high correlation with my
"accidents" and "re-dos."

"Hoosierpoopie" is an interesting play. But Hoosierpopi was derived
from "Who is your Popi," a question often posed to my grandchildren
when I fix something for them that they really like. No need to resort
to ad hominid attacks. You either agree with the advice or not. And to
your point, of course I can perform the steps outlined reliably. I
simply choose to flip the appropriate switch and start the generator
without leaving the house.