Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Minerals in hot water. Filter?

There is all kinds of chemicals or bugs that could be in the water.
By all means have a well tested.

You might have a pipeline near by or anything.

Martin

On 4/27/2011 5:42 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
I assume that you have a well. I've never lived in a house with a well, but a friend does and recently discovered that calcium deposits caused him to develop kidney stones.

Perhaps you could have your water tested. If it contains excessive amounts of calcium, here's a place to start for recommended remedies:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5723994_trea...ell-water.html

There are bunch more hits he

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3lt72ok

Good luck.