Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Sharkbite fittings...

On Apr 27, 1:12*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
wrote in message

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:43:32 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Apr 24, 9:10 pm, "The Henchman" wrote:
Had to do an emergency repair of an elbow last week that leads to my hot
kitchen sink anhot d dishwasher. Since I'm a new homeowner I didn't have
propane torch or spare copper pipe parts or solder (never soldered pipe
before) so I invested in a $6 sharkbite elbow instead. snapped on easy,
no
leaks, handles the pressure and the quick on and off that the faucet and
dishwasher demand.

The elbow is under the floor joist, for hot water, in an unfinished
basement. Easy to check up on and easy to re-repair. Curious to people's
opinions on whether this type of repair is considered permanent or not.