Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default OT The Cloud

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 4/26/2011 2:24 AM Smitty Two spake thus:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I wonder if someone or some international
group can come up with a standard archival media that will stay in
use for a century or more?

I have a book printed in 1677, and it's quite readable.

Do you mean you have the actual physical book printed then?

If so, that's amazing to me. Yes, I know such things exist. It's just
that I've never actually seen or touched one. What is it, if you don't
mind my asking?

Yes, print is an even more highly underrated medium nowadays, especially
with literacy becoming a dying capability among humanoids.

A devout atheist myself, I nonetheless come from a long line of men of
the cloth. I have about a dozen old family bibles that have been handed
down. The one printed 1677 is the oldest of the lot.