Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Sharkbite fittings...

On Apr 26, 2:52*am, wrote:

While PEX seems to be the new fad, I personally would not use it in my
home, and particularly not with sharkbite fittings. *They clain PEX
will last many years, but like all plastics, it will degrade with time
and fail. *10 or 20 years from now, they will probably ban the stuff
after many failures due to age. *Besides that. I feel that plumbing
should be SOLID PIPE, not a hose, which is what PEX is. *

I feel all roofs should be slate or tile.

Maybe I'm old
fashioned, but I'll stick with rigid pipe. *Copper is preferred, but
even galvanized steel has always been reliable, and is sturdy. *Solid
pipe looks better too. *PEX and any other plastic pipes like CPVC sag
and look cheap. *However I have found CPVC to be pretty reliable as
long as enough hangers are used to keep it from sagging. *

Looks better? Huh? You're choosing what is a purely functional item
based on aesthetics? The only place you see exposed PEX is in a
basement, and if there's exposed PEX in a basement there's probably a
lot of other things that offend your refined sensibilities.