Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Emergency Gen Circuit

In article , frozenNorth123
@gm.nospam.ail.com says...

On 4/26/11 12:20 PM, HeyBub wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

If one forgets the main breaker the life one costs may not be one's
own.

This issue isn't danger to yourself, it's danger to the guy fixing the
power line that he expects to be cold.

You make a good point, but I would expect the power-line worker to take
extraordinary precautions when working on lines that may be hot.*

Look, he's up on a pole with the combined noise of 50 generators roaring at
him.

Hello! That's what we in the pet grooming business call "A Clue!"

* Good idea/Invention time: How about a linesman's glove that has one of
those live circuit detectors? If about to put his (gloved) hand on a wire, a
light would flash and a teeny speaker would go "tweedle-tweedle-tweedle,
murder-kill-dead, tweedle-tweedle-tweedle..."

That might make sense, but sometimes they do work with live wires. Had
a floating neutral at my house several years ago, they came and fixed it
with live wires.

Yep, they can and do work with live wires, but it helps if they know
that they're live.