Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default real estate auction

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 23:07:44 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

azotic wrote:

Depends on the state you live in, if your neighbor did not pay property
taxes on the land he encroached upon he does not own it. A lot of stuff
on wikiedia regarding law is bull****, a realestate attorney will tell you
what your rights are. I would not go to court depending on what wiki
says the law is.

I'm not suggesting that Wiki is a legal authority. It was just to give
the idea of what "adverse possession" is.

I'd no more rely on Wiki than I would on your statement that " ...if
your neighbor did not pay property taxes on the land he encroached upon
he does not own it." Actually, I would rely on Wiki more than you, but
that still doesn't say much.

To be clear, he doesn't own it because he encroached upon it. He owns
it because a court degreed that he does. Based upon adverse possession.
If you'll make it worth my time, I'll get copies of the court order and
the deed.

This just happened to my neighbors across the street. The witch below
them had been gardening WITH my neighbor for awhile and then started
tying her mule nearby, on the flat there. Eventually, she put up a
portable fence. Then one year, she took them to court to steal the
land. It had only been about 9.5 years but the witch had people lie in
court for her and won the land, almost half an acre. The witch's
husband's large company had supported the judge in the action and the
judge should have recused herself, but she didn't, so it didn't stop
the $50k land grab/rape of my neighbors. We're all still stunned.

Those squatter rights laws should have been phased out 100 years ago.

--
Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences.
No good is ever done in this world by hesitation.