Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default wayne submersible pump

"Deodiaus" wrote in message
I have a Wayne 57711-LWS1 pump.
Item 252798 at Lowe's,
from 7/10.
It keeps throwing the GFI and shuts down the electricity.
How can I find out if it is a minor problem (minor electrical leakage)
or enough to hurt someone (aside from sticking my hand in)? Is there
a simple test, e.g hook up a probe?
Are sump pumps made to be operating in a enclosed water tight
compartment? I ask because the pump has a drainage hole on the side,
which perhaps is there only for draining out water once it gets
inside.

**Assuming the ground fault device isn't defective, that is your test. It's
telling you that there is electrical leakage to ground. Regardless of the
amount of leakage it has today, it will likely increase over time. I've had
this happen very often with brand new submersible pumps. Just replace it