Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Pictuer: Alternate Collet Nut Styles for ER32?

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9...letsocket3.jpg

If the socket will work why use a non standard part for the machine making
replacements difficult. Just make up a couple of these sockets for the
customer, and if they lose it they can easily call you for another or have
one made themselves. Obviously I took liberties with the slot count for
easy of sketching.

That's along the lines of what we are thinking. The challenge is that we
sell these devices quite regularly. ...In fact, I've got a four spindle
2.500" version in the works now as I came in this morning to find a PO from
a customer on my chair. I take a few hours off and see what happens?

Because I run into this problem on a relatively regular basis, I'm trying to
find a long term solution that does not require a custom built wrench every
time. ...Sure, I could ave them mass produced somewhere, but if someone
already makes a mini-style nut some place like they do for ER25 and smaller,
it would greatly simplify my life.

Thank you for taking the time to sketch that out.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244