Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default real estate auction

Ignoramus14081 wrote:

On 2011-04-26, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

RS at work wrote:

On Apr 25, 8:14 am, rangerssuck wrote:
On Apr 25, 9:44 am, Ignoramus14081 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.

14081.invalid wrote:
The yard is fenced, and the fence looks pretty old.

i-

The existing fence is no substitute for a survey. I had a dispute with
a neighbor (a genuine asshole) about our property line. His survey
company came and staked it out and found that the fence, which was
shown on my survey map and the one before mine, going back to the mid
1960s, was two feet on my side of the line.

He got to rent a concrete saw to remove his encroaching driveway. I
got to pay for a permit for the fence which, according to the municpal
building department, had never been permitted. I should have taken
this to the title insurance company, but it didn't seem worth the 40
bucks.

Often if an encroachment has existed for several years the person
being encroached upon just looses the property under adverse
possession.

Tell that to the state of Florida. My garage was built in '64, and
they recently sent me a letter that I have to tear part of it down
because it's a couple inches across the line.

That's because your use of 2 inches was not "notorious".

I am the third owner of the property. They haven't done a damn thing
with the land for 50 years. They didn't clear out the dead wood, or
maintain the required fire breaks. The land was supposed to be where
the 'Cross Florida Canal was to be built for NASA to transport parts to
the cape from the gulf. The original name of my street was 'Barge',
where a barge across the canal was to be built.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.