Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default real estate auction

"John" wrote in message
Josepi wrote:
Baloney!

Governments issue property deed in the last few hundred years and they
state where the boundaries exist.

North America has not honoured "Squatters Rights" in a few centuries. It
never existed in Canada, period.

You are listening to old wives tales from the 16th century.
--------------
"RS at work" wrote in message
Often if an encroachment has existed for several years the person
being encroached upon just looses the property under adverse
possession.

Roger Shoaf

Except in Pennsylvania. It takes 21 years but it does happen. happened
to a guy on the other side of the valley here. He had a plot of land
that someone else used and after 21 years he layed claim to it and won.

John

I remember a funny case from when I was a kid. My uncle built a hunting
cabin in the south Jersey pine barrens, thinking it was on state land, for
which he paid a lease fee. The state thought it was their land at the time,
too. g

Anyway, not many years later it was discovered that it was someone else's
private property. So my uncle claimed adverse possession. Since the state,
thinking it was their land, colored the title, under NJ law he only had to
be there for seven years. They waived the back taxes because he had paid a
lease fee to the state, and he wound up owning the whole deal -- four or
five acres, as I recall.

--
Ed Huntress