Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default real estate auction

azotic wrote:

Depends on the state you live in, if your neighbor did not pay property
taxes on the land he encroached upon he does not own it. A lot of stuff
on wikiedia regarding law is bull****, a realestate attorney will tell you
what your rights are. I would not go to court depending on what wiki
says the law is.

I'm not suggesting that Wiki is a legal authority. It was just to give
the idea of what "adverse possession" is.

I'd no more rely on Wiki than I would on your statement that " ...if
your neighbor did not pay property taxes on the land he encroached upon
he does not own it." Actually, I would rely on Wiki more than you, but
that still doesn't say much.

To be clear, he doesn't own it because he encroached upon it. He owns
it because a court degreed that he does. Based upon adverse possession.
If you'll make it worth my time, I'll get copies of the court order and
the deed.

Bob