Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted

On 4/24/2011 5:06 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
On Apr 24, 1:32 pm, "Ed wrote:

Somebody has to pay for it, Bob. Who do you think that should be, the
users
or the taxpayers?

--
Ed Huntress

Is there a difference?

Dan

The "users" are the tradesmen who use it in their work. The taxpayers are
the rest of us.

Tradesmen don't pay taxes???? News to me.

Amplifying on the other respondent's observation I'd carry it even further--

If you live in or anybody you do business with or whose products you use
are located in a jurisdiction which uses NEC as a basis for local code
you're a user.

In the US, there's virtually nowhere that doesn't use NEC as a basis for
local code but it is not, afaik, formally legislated to be legislative
requirement anywhere.

It's pervasive but doesn't actually have an legal standing as law, only
as a basis for Code.