Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic[_4_] azotic[_4_] is offline

Default real estate auction

"Ignoramus14081" wrote in message
On 2011-04-25, wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:58:13 -0700, "azotic"
wrote:

Are you going to have a survey done to make shure there
was no enchroachment while the property was unoccupied ?

Definitely get it checked, even if you only do it tourself with a
tape.

Two houses ago, I bought a vacant block to build my house on. I
could not find the survey pegs on one side, so had it re-surveyed to
site the house properly. On the 20 metre/66 feet wide block the
neighbours fence started 19.2 metres at the front and 19.0 at the
back, he tried to acquire about 3 feet of my land. Excuse was that
he used the survey pegs he "found in place", fence was then moved to
correct place. No rear neighbours to be able to check against their
fence as it is parkland.

I left a FOIA request with the village to give me an old plat of
survey.

You can probobly do a real rough survey with GPS.
Don't know how accurate they are but should be a
good guestamate.

http://www.gps.gov/applications/survey/

Compare it against the plot you get.

Best Regards