Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default real estate auction

I think most folks here are getting a plat of survey confused with a plat
map.
A plat map is a large map with the size and placement of all parcels in a
(usually) 80 acre area
The county assessor has these.
They will not show your neighbors fence.

A plat of survey is a small map prepared by a licensed surveyor that shows a
particular parcel and any buildings or structures on it. It is very accurate
(.01 ft) and around here costs around $350.
A new one is required for most mortgages.
It will show that your neighbor has put a driveway on your side of the line.
The county or township will probably not have one, but the bank that sold it
might.

Paul K. Dickman

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
On 04/25/2011 11:39 AM, Ignoramus14081 wrote:

I submitted a FOIA request to the village and they will mail me a copy
of the old plat of survey.

Geez, where we are (St. Louis county) they have all the assessor's files
online with a nice web interface. Just type in the property address, and
you get a very rough computerized drawing of the house and property, sales
history, plat book info, tax history, and assessment data.

Jon