Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Weather in Delaware, is geothermal heat enough?

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:48:44 -0400, willshak
wrote:

mm wrote the following:
What kind of weather does Delaware have, and is geothermal heat with
nothing else enough?

I have friends who moved to Delaware 6 years ago, and she complains
that it almost never gets hot in the summer. It's almost always cold
and wet. (I thought the weather was like Baltimore, which has plenty
of warm days and hot days.)

I'm thinking it's not so bad if it's cold and wet outside, if it's
warm enough inside. Not only is it not so bad, but it if it's cold
inside because geothermal isn't enough, it's will make it seem like
it's cold and wet outside a lot more than it really is. (Even if
someone goes out every day????)

I was there on Sunday, and it was sort of cold in the house and out.

Does geothermal put out enough heat to make most people comfortable?

It depends upon what part of DE they lived.
My parents lived in SE DE for decades. I visited at all times of the
year. They lived near the MD border and were about 15 minutes from Ocean
City, MD.
Their boat dock was on the Little Assawoman Bay (yes, that's the name) :-)
Because they lived close to the ocean, and DE is as flat as a pool
table, the temps were always more moderate than interior sections due to
ocean winds.

I should have said, Dover, just a mile west of Dover AFB, right on the
same river that according to Google maps is called Moores Lake a half
mile to the west.

They have a great location, a great lot. They shopped for months.
One reason I'd hate to see them move.