Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jreality Jreality is offline

Default Really "need to" replace older CATV cables? Would mycableprovider really filter my line against my will?

One thing that I'm wondering....with regard to the technician claiming
that the cable company would slap a filter on an individual residence,
or group of them, if any ingress is being introduced into their system
by those homes...it seems to me that would prove that they don't
really have a fiber optic system as they claim. In other words, lets
say it's really true that my cables are pulling in some background
noise. If they're so darned concerned about ingress affecting their
precious little cable network (ha!), then it's likely because they
don't really have a fiber optic network from the pole and beyond as
they imply/claim they have. I'm failing to understand how, if there
really is fiber at the pole and beyond, then the ingress would survive
the conversion from a CATV Coax signal to fiber optic signal.

J.