Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted

On Apr 24, 1:06*pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Here's an interesting quote from the Wikipedia article on the NEC:
"In the United States, statutory law cannot be copyrighted and is freely
accessible and copyable by anyone.[1] When a standards organization
develops a new coding model and it is not yet accepted by any
jurisdiction as law, it is still the private property of the standards
organization *... *Once the coding model has been accepted as law, it
loses copyright protection and may be freely obtained at no cost."

Bob

Thanks for that bit of information.

My main objection to the NEC is that it is poorly organized. I expect
that is intentional to make following the code to be hard and not
easily done by homeowners. In Washington State the courts found that
homeowners can work on their own property without having a license.
The work still has to meet all the requirements. And the building
departments of cities and counties will help owners understand what is
required.

Dan