Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stuff...for sale/trade/??

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:24:45 -0700, Dave B wrote:

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 17:16:24 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Im going through my Stacks o Stuff now that the weather has changed for
the better and am offering up some Stuff

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/wo...le-swivel-base

Got one of these, in very good condition. Make offer

15lbs of aluminum/brass and copper rivets. All in FREE jars G
Need a specific size..email me. There has to be a few thousand or more.
Some of the copper ones are up to 3/16x .500", most are smaller
Ive been hanging on to them for years..and havent found a use for
them..so they go.

1/2x 10' of Brand New braided nylon sleeve..make offer

brand new 1/8" swivel brass air fittings. Still in the sack from MmC

1ton Dayton electric chain hoist on traveling 2 ton IR chain operated
traveling car.110vt With remote pendant Make offer
https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/ForSale#

1 ton CM electric chain hoist on 2 ton IR chain operated traveling car,
with Remote pendant. 220/440 3ph. EXCELLENT condit. Make offer.
https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/ForSale#

1978 Chrysler bass boat. Sound hull, needs puttering and motor. As is.
Make offer
https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Boat4#

Gorton MasterMill, needs puttering, B&S #9 spindle nose. make offer
https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewGorton#

Hobart Bros. Gas welder. 300 amp, DC only, made about 1943ish or so.
Runs VERY well, on trailer with good tires. Welds VERY nicely.
https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnera...asolineWelder#
Make offer

Lots and lots of drill chucks, MT drills and whatnot. Let me know what
you need
https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnera...aleSmallStuff#

Lancer Lathe..in pieces..All there
https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Lancer#
Make offer

Im trying to clean up the back yard ..its spring..and will be offering
other Stuff as I get to them

Gunner

Gunner, I knew the fellow that owned Gossco Kurt Goss.
Interesting fellow, played golf with him at his country club a few
times and also worked on the big Mori once or twice.
The lost "Daytona Cobra" strory is really wild.
here is a recap.
http://www.carmemories.com/cgi-bin/v...perience_id=87

He really enjoyed his beer eh

Dave B

Ayup..Kurt told me that story a number of years ago. Ever play pool
with him? I thought that I was "good", having made a side living
hustling pool over the years..and he blew me away, every time I played
pool with him. He at one time..was one of the biggest money players in
So. Cal. Legendary.

You know he died last year...right? Cancer.
I was taking care of all of his machines for the past 5 yrs, moved him
from Brea/La Habra down to Fullerton and set up his shop.

The ****ing real estate lady gave me a really big ration of **** when I
tried to get my machinery out of there and I lost a big part of them
during the close out and auction. Even though the employees and
managers all stated to her that they were mine and not part of Gossco.

I bought his 1897 Brunswick "Admiral" snooker table at the auction..for
$25. It was sitting disassembled up in the conference room and no one
knew what it was...VBG

Ill be putting it up for sale before long..with luck..Ill get a bit of
the $15,000 Gossco owed me when they shut the doors.

That guy in the GCL albums
https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/GCL# was one of his managers
and tried to keep the company going..but the family simply walked
away..and the real estate people shut em down for back rent ($16k month)
and auctioned them off. I set up Bob in a new slotting/perfing company,
for a tiny little bit of the action and he is doing..."ok".

I miss Kurt quite a bit. An interesting guy. I met some of his family,
but never did meet his ex wife. Shrug

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is