Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Turning lights on trips circuit breaker

On 4/24/2011 8:03 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:33 pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:31:35 -0400, "Ed wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:14:12 -0400, "Ed
wrote:

wrote
You can only use so much electricity per circuit, then the breaker will
trip. New TV's use a little more electricity than older TV's.

New TVs use lots LESS than older TVs if you are comparing LCD versus the
old
CRT.

Not so, if your new TV is a plasma. I was rather surprised when I put my
PowerAngel on ours - ~500W! The 25" CRT set it replaced was around 150W.
...though even this wouldn't cause this problem.

Maybe some of the older ones.
An LG 55" LED uses 85W according to their specs
A 50" Plamsa is rated at 145 watts
Info is from the LG web site

It's three years old (46").- Hide quoted text -

Where is the OP - Jo, there are a lot of questions to be answered.

We prolly scared her off....

--
aem sends....