Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Emergency Generator Circuit

bob haller wrote:
* If a neighbor meddles with something on my house without knowing -
or figuring out - what's up, he owns the problem, not me.

The neighbor on one side of me is a granny-lady who can't figure out
how to open her mailbox. The dude on the other side keeps coming in
my yard and trimming my bushes (so he can see traffic when exiting
his driveway). I've already told him that if he comes in my yard one
more time with the intent to practice malicious mischief in the
nighttime by destroying my property, I'm gonna shoot him in his
****in' head !

Congrats natural selection hasnt already shortened your life

Anyone who has a visual hazard that may cause a traffic accident, and
refuses to prune or better remove the offender completely, and
threatens violence, needs serious help........

locally the town cites people like you, remove hazard or be fined and
ultimately be brought in before the magistrate.

one idiot failed to remove the hazard even after several accidents,
the town courts finally jailed him for a couple days, and had the road
crew remove the hazard, and billed him for the removal.

he didnt pay and had his home liened. It drug thru the courts for
years, he finally had to pay up at home sale time, rumors said it cost
him 10 grand in legal court, lawyers, road crew removal at union wage
rates. very expensive when 5 minutes with a chain saw would of saved
him 2 days in jail and lost wages. he countersued and lost for lost
wages.

The town upgraded its line of site laws, the next idiot will be paying
a thousand dollar a day fine..So the jerk left his legacy

You his brother or uncle?

Points:

* Shows what you know. The bushes in question are no more than 2-1/2' high.
He chops them to the ground.

* I may agree with the point about a visual hazard, but that's not the case
here. I also pity those who would live in such a benighted area. In fact I
PLANTED the goddamn bushes to keep the neighbors from driving across the
15'-wide grassy strip and using MY driveway to get to the street (the
passage in the street's median is in front of my driveway).

* I'm not "threatening violence," my state's penal code is.

Texas Penal Code 9.42

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land
or tangible, moveable property
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is
immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary,
robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal
mischief during the nighttime, ...

* I'm neither his brother nor his uncle. To the best of my knowledge, we are
not related (different races, he's an enlightened Yankee (but evidently not
sufficiently enlightened), he votes Democratic, etc.). My dad has passed on
so I can't ask him how frisky he was some 45 years ago.

* He's got a 50' tall cottonwood tree between his house and the street. I've
considered chopping it down because each fall my front yard is armpit-deep
in leaves and I would think the principle to which he harkens would
similarily apply. I haven't done so because of fear that the tree would land
in the street and contribute to an INNOCENT person having an accident.