Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Default OT-Left Behind

" wrote:

On Apr 24, 9:13 am, jim "sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net wrote:

Wages have not much to do with productivity.
If it did wages would have increased more -
a whole lot more - since worker productivity
has skyrocketed in the last 15 or so years.

Wages has everything to do with productivity. Worker productivity
has not gone up in the last 15 or so years. The manufacturing
productivity has gone up, but not do to anything the average worker
did. That was my point.

Your point is both wrong and irrelevant.

..
The average worker gets the same relative
wage because what he contributes is pretty much the same as what he
did 15 years ago. The owner bought new better machinery which
increased productivity. The average worker did zip.

My wages went up because I invested time in learning and devised ways
to improve the speed with which I accomplished my job.

Sure let's pretend
you are the only one
with increased productivity.

Nevertheless, all that is completely irrelevant

You can funnel all the money you want
to employers pockets
but it aint going to help

They still can't sell their products and services

And your mistaken opinions
aren't going to do anything to change that