Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 13:06:45 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

I wonder what He would think of copyrighting the rules we have to
follow and charging to see them. If they have legal authority they
should be public domain.

Great. Now, who puts them together and writes them down? And who pays those
people? The federal government?

Here's an interesting quote from the Wikipedia article on the NEC:
"In the United States, statutory law cannot be copyrighted and is freely
accessible and copyable by anyone.[1] When a standards organization
develops a new coding model and it is not yet accepted by any
jurisdiction as law, it is still the private property of the standards
organization ... Once the coding model has been accepted as law, it
loses copyright protection and may be freely obtained at no cost."

Bob

Very well done Sir! Very well done indeed!!

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is