Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
ATP ATP is offline

Default PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted

"aemeijers" wrote in message
On 4/24/2011 10:56 AM, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
On 2011-04-23, wrote:
On Apr 23, 7:13?pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Got me puzzled, also. I checked three groups with similar
names, and none of them seemed to ?have that. Real shame,
it's one of the few downloads I'd like to get.

Mr. Young - What does Jesus say about stealing copyrighted material?
Is that the Mormon way?

Copyright did not exist when Jesus was out there proselytizing.

I would be very surprised if Jesus, somehow, would approve of the
notion that a person may not be allowed share a copy of anything with
his friend, that somehow a law may prevent people from freely sharing
information.

That's why we have libraries, and why you have legs.

I don't see the difference between reading it at the library
and reading it at home.
...lew...

Because the library paid for their copy? (Presumably with your tax money.)

Not a fan of industry associations essentially writing laws and
administrative regulations, and lazy legislatures giving them the force of
law by including them by reference in the laws they do pass. (ie, bar
association, AMA, et al) But that is how the world we live in works. And
these private trade groups do still have a intellectual property interest
in the compiled product. Now if the legislatures would instead make the
privately written rules part and parcel of the actual law, rather than by
reference, anybody could make and sell copies. (of course, the trade
associations would respond by making trivial annual changes, so all the
'free' copies would be instantly out of date.)

--
aem sends...

I wouldn't want the government writing the electrical code. I think the
process as it stands is a pretty good one. It's not like the mine operators
getting together to make the rules, the panels include representation from a
heterogeneous group, and I doubt any of them want to encourage unsafe
electrical practices.