Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Turning lights on trips circuit breaker

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:14:12 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Bill" wrote
You can only use so much electricity per circuit, then the breaker will
trip. New TV's use a little more electricity than older TV's.

New TVs use lots LESS than older TVs if you are comparing LCD versus the old
CRT.

Not so, if your new TV is a plasma. I was rather surprised when I put my
PowerAngel on ours - ~500W! The 25" CRT set it replaced was around 150W.
....though even this wouldn't cause this problem.