Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted

On Apr 24, 11:23*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Lewis Hartswick" wrote in message

m...

om...
On 2011-04-23, *wrote:
On Apr 23, 7:13?pm, "Stormin Mormon"
*wrote:
Got me puzzled, also. I checked three groups with similar
names, and none of them seemed to ?have that. Real shame,
it's one of the few downloads I'd like to get.

Mr. Young - What does Jesus say about stealing copyrighted material?
Is that the Mormon way?

Copyright did not exist when Jesus was out there proselytizing.

I would be very surprised if Jesus, somehow, would approve of the
notion that a person may not be allowed share a copy of anything with
his friend, that somehow a law may prevent people from freely sharing
information.

That's why we have libraries, and why you have legs.

I don't see the difference between reading it at the library
and reading it at home.
* *...lew...

The difference is that having the ability to download it for free eliminates
all incentive to buy it. That's the straw that's breaking the back of many
niches in publishing. Electrical tradesmen at some level can easily afford
to buy it, and their incentive to do so keeps the business of producing it
in balance, while still allowing people to read it for free if they make a
little effort.

To me, it's the difference between borrowing something and stealing it.

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Actually, you can read it at home very much like you can read it at
the
library. NFPA makes it available online for free. You can read it
online via their reader, but you can't download it, for obvious
reasons.

Also, I'd say the folks who try to make the case that because it's
used
by most municipalities as part of their code, that it should therefore
be available for free or very low cost. That argument doesn't fly
very well because I can show you plenty of municpalities that charge
fees similar to what NFPA charges for a copy of their zoning laws,
land use rules, EPA rules, etc.