Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephen[_13_] Stephen[_13_] is offline

Default Hi, WOuld some kind soul help me diagnose my switch mode power supplies?

"Stephen" wrote in message
o.uk...
Would this be with the ribbon cable disconnected between the main board
and the PSU board?

With the ribbom cable disconnected, measuring at Main board end:
What is these resistances:
pin 1 to pin 2 0.05 ohms. this is as expected as pins 1 and 2 are
soldered together at the main board
pin 1 to pin 4 380kohm
pin 1 to pin 7 1.4 Mohm
pin 1 to pin 8 1.2 Mohm

With the ribbom cable disconnected, measuring at PSU board end:
What is these resistances:
pin 1 to pin 2 0.05 ohms. this is as expected as pins 1 and 2 are
soldered together at the PSU board
pin 1 to pin 4 180Kohm
pin 1 to pin 7 1 kohm
pin 1 to pin 8 1 kohm

With the ribbom cable CONNECTED, measuring on the ribbon cable:

What is these resistances:
pin 1 to pin 2 0.05 ohms. this is as expected as pins 1 and 2 are
soldered together at the main board
pin 1 to pin 4 340 kohm
pin 1 to pin 7 1 Kohm
pin 1 to pin 8 1 Kohm

All of the above readings are not steady, so I geuss there are capacitors
charging/discharging via the multimeter.