Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Left Behind

Snag wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 08:33:33 -0500, Ignoramus30510

On 2011-04-22, azotic wrote:

I don't understand why they are not funding education so people
can keep up with current job markets. Continuing education is the
key to being employed in our times. What is going to happen to
that 80% that are left behind?

Well, they are "funding education", of course, but education is not
the full answer. If you take a dumb person and teach him or her to
do arithmetic, that still does not make them better than a
computer, at any given job.

Oh, sure, they're funding education. To the tune of $9,666 (federal
average) per student per year for twelve years, and then graduating
some who can't read, write, or think beyond third grade level; who
can't point out the USA on a world globe; who may never have even
heard the term "thinking". Ayieeeeeeeee!

More from the 'All stupid children pushed ahead' crap.

My wife calls that "No teacher left standing" . Guess what she does for a
living ?

Herds feral cats, then waves them goodbye at the end of the school
year.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.